Did I get the best representation?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 justme50

justme50

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

I lost my job back in 2009. I had fallen and hurt myself 2 times at that job. I lost my job for personal reasons so I was eligible for unemployment. I had to wait 3 months so I lost my place to live. I finally got my benefits and progressively over the next few years I got more and more disabled. I filed for Disability but his time waited almost 3 years. I feel that I could have received more money in my settlement from the first attorney who represented me on the Workmen's Compensation claim. I was told at the beginning that I would receive more than I actually ended up with. Every day is a fight. I suffer from so many different ailments from this job that there are days I wish were dead.

#2 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,922 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Consult a workers compensation attorney and see if your case can be reopened.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation. I agree with the previous poster, you may want to consult with a local Workers' Compensation Lawyer to address your specific claim. I also suggest you visit the Workers' Compensation Center as a good resource to learn more about this subject matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users