Jump to content


Double Lot

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dontknowenoughaboutit


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

I live in Akron, Ohio and purchased my home approx. eight years ago but just recently went online to view my parcel(s). I am being taxed for two lots. The parcel shows a barrier (fence) in my back yard and an additional parcel that runs fifty feet beyond the fence. There is a home located behind me, partialy on the second lot. First, I dont think that the owners of the home are aware that I own thier entire back yard. Second, I want to make them aware. I have been contemplating a garden at that particular location. And although I am not a surveyor, Im pretty sure their garage is way past the point of no return (on my property). Since this is documented, who should make them aware? Am I responsible? the county (summit)? or the city? would hate to see any additional structures erected. I'm all ears! Thanks for your advice.

#2 adjusterjack


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,314 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

You might be taxed for two lots, but first you'd better make sure you own the two lots.

Check your legal description on your deed against the legal description of the lots in the county plat.

Also check back on the history to make sure somebody didn't grant an easement to the other property for use of that section of lot.

Once you've confirmed that you have a right to claim the property, it's entirely up to you to notify the encroachers and take the appropriate legal action at your own cost.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

For further clarification regarding your property rights, you may want to consult with a local Akron, Ohio Real Estate Lawyer to advise you on how to address your concerns. Many lawyers do offer a free consultation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users