Jump to content


Zoning laws

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GunDealer1990


    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

I am applying for my FFL and i need to know if i need a business permit to sell firearms from my home. I live in Buckeye Lake Ohio.

#2 adjusterjack


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

I suspect that you will need a Vendor's license from the Department of Taxation:


I don't see FFL specific listed on the state licenses page but there appear to be a lot of retail related licenses handled by the Department of Commerce. Call up and ask.


As for the village of Buckeye Lake, I suggest you also call up and ask.


And here's the counting zoning department. Call them, too.


Or, you can call up other FFLs in your town and see what they can tell you.

Might also call your state police and local sheriff and make inquiries.

This is not something where you want to just "wing it."

Zoning and license violations typically involve modest fines. A firearm violation could land you in jail.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 GunDealer1990


    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Thank You this helps me alot.

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

You may at least want to have a consultation with a local Buckeye Lake, Ohio Business & Commercial Lawyer on this matter. Many lawyers do offer a free consultation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users