• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Inheritor

Inheritor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

A rich guy gets mad at someone over the internet in a chat room. He offers $5,000 to anyone who will give them the information about UserA. Rich guy wants his name, address, city and state and telephone number if you have it.

That's called "doxxing". To get your "docs" or documents on someone and then passing out their information.

Once you get "doxed", everyone will know your information. So they can now send pizza's to your house night after night. They can call up tow trucks and say that you want your car towed and it's on your property. They can order limo's, hookers and all sorts of services and send them to your house.

So, despite getting "doxxed". Is it illegal for the Rich guy to tell your information to the people on his website who use his chat room? That's my lone question.

I'll give you an example of doxing. This rich guy guy evidently in "fun" gave out some guys information. People were sending pizza's minute after minute to this guys house. "haha" or so the Rich guy thought.

So, the rich guy and his girlfriend, 18 yrs younger than him, go at a posh hotel and someone finds out the room number. They call the hotel and rather than ask for the room, they ask for the kitchen ! Then when they answer "kitchen". You say you are "Rich guy in room 830 and that you want the most expensive bottle of champagne, chilled. You also want two lobsters with butter. You want 4 hamburgers and fries. You want 3 salads. You want 5 different desserts, etc". The kitchen sends all that stuff up to rich guy and he did not order it. He came back on his website chat room and said "I'LL CLOSE THIS F*CKING SITE DOWN". and everyone is saying "what?" "what?". It appears that room service set him back about $7,000 or so it was reported. He was pissed but everyone laugh he got a payback.

That story was mildly funny to some. But one user had a girlfrend and small female child about 3. Someone called the police and said "I'm an 80 yr old man and they lock me up and cash my pension check. I got to a phone. They beat me. Can you send me some help before they kill me?". The police responded by swarming the house with a swat team. They break in "hands on the floor down on the floor". That couple didn't have any 80 yr old man in there. They got "swatted". THAT was not funny. It took valuable police services to verifhy there was no poor old man being beaten. I think they traced the call and the guy was charged with making a false report. That's a case of 'swatting" but they got his dox and did it. Bad things can happen if someone gets your dox.

So again, can Rich guy be sued for giving out strangers your information when he pays $5,000. to get it?

This rich guy has been recorded actually making a death threat against someone. People are afraid of him because of his threats. He is evidently a dual citizen between the USA and Greece. We'd like him deported since he threatens people.

#2 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,632 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

A rich guy gets mad at someone over the internet in a chat room. He offers $5,000 to anyone who will give them the information about UserA. Rich guy wants his name, address, city and state and telephone number if you have it....Is it illegal for the Rich guy to tell [UserA’s] information to the people on his website who use his chat room? That's my lone question.

I modified your question slightly to reflect what I think you really wanted to ask. The answer is that, just based on the facts given, it would not violate federal law nor the law of any state I’m familiar with. Note that your name, address, and telephone are not considered private information that are protected against disclosure by everyone who has it. That informaiton is instead only protected in very specific circumstances. For example, federal law does not allow the IRS to disclose a taxpayer’s identifying information to just anyone; the rules for disclosure are quite strict. Medical professionals subject to the HIPAA privacy rule similiarly cannot disclose the information they have about patients to just anyone, either.Again, the rules for disclosure are pretty strict. There are other examples I can give, too. The common thread that most of these laws have is that the laws are restricting persons or organizations that stand in some special relationship to the individual whose information they have and that as a result of that special relationship there is some duty of confidentiality that the law imposes.

But no law prevents, say, your neighbor from putting up your name, address, and phone number on some web site for the world to see. And, nothing would prevent some random guy (rich or not) from getting your name and adress and putting it up on a web site for the world to see.

As for the people ordering pizzas and sending it to UserA’s home, those people are, of course, liable for their conduct.

And, of course, a death threat is a different matter altogether, and may constitute a crime.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Good response Tax_Counsel.

#4 Inheritor

Inheritor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Follow up question. You just read all about how someone's information can be used to order the pizza's , limosines, and other stuff sent to their homes. Is the "rich guy" liable for his part of it when he is the one passing out your information to his followers in the chat room, KNOWING full well what they will all do with it?

Secondly, to see the "rich guy" in action, here is a video of him that was posted on a website. A reporter did a story on him and he told everyone to look for it coming out soon. The reporter did indeed to a story on him and it was not flattering at all. So this rich guy is sitting at his desk, calmly eating a bowl of soup and then he passes out the reporters name and telephone number and orders them to do this :::

So, as you can see, there would be retaliation if someone sued him because of him being rich and his threats.

Edited by FindLaw_AHK, 15 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.
As per the Community Guidelines, links to web pages or blogs may be included in the signature line. Other personal or identifying information in this post has been removed. -Moderator

#5 Inheritor

Inheritor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

why was the url to the death threat video removed?

#6 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,632 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Follow up question. You just read all about how someone's information can be used to order the pizza's , limosines, and other stuff sent to their homes. Is the "rich guy" liable for his part of it when he is the one passing out your information to his followers in the chat room, KNOWING full well what they will all do with it?

The details matter, as does the applicable state law. There is a big difference between the guy putting up the information suspecting that others might misuse it and actually participating with others or actively encouraging others in the misuse. So it matters exactly what he does and which jurisdiction’s law applies.

#7 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,632 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

why was the url to the death threat video removed?

Probably because it contains identifying information (i.e. the guy in the video can be identified) and this site’s policy prohibits that.

#8 Inheritor

Inheritor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

I need a good SEC attorney that will file a lawsuit for at least 2 million plus damages. I'd give him 75%. I cannot contribute a dime so it would have to be contingency. I live in Ohio and the person I want to sue lives in beverly hills. That attorney would probably get a lot of press so they better be prepared to handle that.

He just threatened me again to expose my real information to chatters and had someone he knows say my name on a chat site.

I have a video where he threatened a reporter and told his followers to send him death threats. He is now in the UK. I am going to ask that his passport be revoked and bar him entry into the United States since I have video's and emails of his threats.

#9 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,632 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

I need a good SEC attorney that will file a lawsuit for at least 2 million plus damages.

The SEC is the Securities and Exchange Commission. In general, they regulate the sales and offers of sales of securities (e.g. stocks, certain bonds, etc.). What good would a securities lawyer do you here? You'd need one, for example, if you bought securities from this guy and he violated the securities laws when selling them to you. Nothing you’ve mentioned so far indicates any securities law issue, however.

There is also the issue of how you are coming up with $2 million for the amount you will seek in the lawsuit. Have you actually lost $2 million as a result of anything this guy has done? Generally speaking, absent a statute that provides for recovery in the absence of actual damages, you need to have suffered actual damages to win anything in a lawsuit. You don't get to win based on what might have happpened or what you think might happen in the future. And where are his assets? If the assets are not in the U.S., a U.S. judgment will do you no good unless or until you can get a court in the country where he does have assets to recognize the judgment.

I have a video where he threatened a reporter and told his followers to send him death threats. He is now in the UK. I am going to ask that his passport be revoked and bar him entry into the United States since I have video's and emails of his threats.

Finally, of what country is this guy a citizen? If is the U.S., his U.S. passport isn’t going to be revoked over this. And if he's a citizen of the U.K., it won't revoke his U.K. passport just because you complain about possible threats either. If he is not a U.S. citizen and has been convicted of a crime, or perhaps even has a court order of protection against him, the U.S. might deny him entry.

#10 Inheritor

Inheritor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

He's Greek living in the UK right now. I am going to take his threats in emails and video and ask for an order or protection.

He and I are in a dispute. I invested money and 2 yrs later we got in huge fight. He told me my 30,000 shares rose to 300,000 due to a stock consolidation. At no time did he ever give me any thing, no dividends, no stock reports, meeting reports. Nothing. After we fought he gave back my original money and said that 300,000 were a personal gift he no longer wanted me to have. I don't believe him and want a court to force him to honor that agreement. The last time, he bought my original stock back, he lowered my 30,000 shares to 300 and paid $6.65 per share. Then the next day refunded the rest.

Since he set the price at $6.65, I want the court to order him to buy those 300,000 shares at that price. It's an easy quick story but to a real lawyer, I'd have a few dozen emails relating to this and about 1,500 between us for a two year period.

So now he is in the UK, I want them to deny him access to come back. Although he could still call up someone and give them my personal information and send them to harm me or my family. Without a high profile attorney that specializes in SEC doing it on contingency, who can sue the son of a billionaire? I swear, I don't lie. I'd give the attorney 75% to get me a win in court plus damages for depression and stress he has caused me.

I realize these forums are for general advice and conversation, but if I had the case all laid out. gave the file to an attorney and waited for him to say yes or no, if they said no, then I'd have to move on to find another one. I'm going to have the full folder done in one week and maybe just post it. I didn't do anything illegal so do not have anything to hide. He has broke laws and I owe him no loyalty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users