rules for motion of discoveries??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 discovery_6971

discovery_6971

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Is there any law for showing other people a written statement that was included in a motion of discovery in a circuit case in ky??

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

What do you mean by other people? Could you please elaborate a bit more on your post?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#3 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Is there any law for showing other people a written statement that was included in a motion of discovery in a circuit case in ky??

If it exists it will likely be in the KY Rules of Criminal Procedure.

http://www.kybar.org/448

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#4 discovery_6971

discovery_6971

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

What do you mean by other people? Could you please elaborate a bit more on your post?

Can I show it to others that the statement was also written on and am I allowed to give them copies of the written statement?

#5 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Who is them? Who wrote the statement, about what, and who gave it to you?

#6 discovery_6971

discovery_6971

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

I was busted for manufacturing meth in 2011 and was busted with 2 other people they both wrote statements accusing me and 2 other people of selling meth and manufacturing. I got the statements in my motion of discovery. I was recently released and just got back in touch with the other 2 people that they were wrote against and i want to be able to show them the statements that were wrote against us if it is legal?

#7 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

If your case is still pending, you shouldn't have direct contact with them. You could suggest your attorney or his/her investigator speak with them. Direct contact has too many potentials for problems like being accused of witness intimidation or attempts to dissuade or influence their testimony. If your case is over, you are free to contact them but I don't see the point. If they wrote the statements out, they know what they said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users