forgered to a Quick Claim Deed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SundayMonday1

SundayMonday1

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

My name was forgered to a Quick Claim Deed wherein 2 pieces of my property was conveyed to a woman I never met except to go into her office with her son-in-law. I had signed an agreement to sell one piece of said property to him for the cash sum of $150,000.00 while I was incarcerated in City. He was suppose to get me out of jail right after signing this agreement and was suppose to pay for bench warrants amounting to around $2000.00 as a down payment on this sale. He did not get me out of jail then. He left me and come back hours later. I believe he took that short agreement to this woman's office and they prepared this quick claim deed and forged my signature from that agreement. It happen in 2007, the Complaint filed in 2010, and evrtytime it comes up for trial, it is delay again and again. That woman sold one piece for $144,000.00, is renting the other property and I have received nothing from them as yet. My attorney charged them with 4 counts of fraud, unfair business practices. So much more was involved. How about exploitation of someone who is unwell, mentally disabled and incapacited from drug addiction, and an older adult widowed, alone, vulnerable? forgery? I know I did not sign that deed, the initials they used as mine is not the way I initial documents. Larceny? When they took over my property, they threw all my belongings in a 6 stall barn where they were stored, and all my belongings in my house where I lived into a large trash container w/o any care of consideration for me. Money Laundering? Theft? The woman said she put the deed in her name to keep the man who first contacted me, since he had a judgement against him, owed taxes and money to the government. So, my attorney is telling me they will settle with me by giving me the house back, and I will have to get a judgement against the man when he sells some of his property, he will pay me then for mine. I don't believe this is correct, the property was in the woman's name when it was sold, so she is responsible to give me the $144,000.00 back, if I win my case. I fired my attorney last week; he was doing nothing for me; more like for the other side and this woman's attorney is my attorney's x-law partner. Don't trust him and he called me stupid and dumb for what I did? That man is saying I gave him that property to get me out of jail. I wasn't obviously well and was conned. Does anyone have any suggestions and could you please give me advice as to my next step as far as is there a number of days I have to hire another attorney and how much time do I have before the trial?

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

This matter is difficult to address without having the detailed facts. I would highly suggest you consult with a local Lawyer ASAP to address this matter and advise you of your rights.

#3 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,973 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

You may want to re-read your post with the eyes of a stranger. We cannot know from here how much time you have before some (unknown, unclearly identified) "trial". I presume you're suing someone, but you don't even make that clear. (You also don't say what police investigation if any took place, but we strangers cannot know why nothing's happened in that regard.)

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

#4 SundayMonday1

SundayMonday1

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Sorry, my troubled heart gets in the way of my good sense in this matter. The forgery happen in 3/2007, it was investigated by the **** County Sheriff's office in October, 2007, by investigator. He talked with them, came and talked with me and told me he knew they conned me that I did not give them 2 pieces of property for nothing. The complaint was filed in 2010 right before the statute ran out and for the last year has been on the dockets but always delayed for some reason; my lawyer said this last time the Judge himself delayed it. Who knows? All I know is the person who forged my name, *****, is a very wealthy businesswoman, pays off everyone to get what she wants, highly influencial in this little hick town, owns hundreds of pieces of property and her x-boyfriend and business partner along with attorney's in town, said she is a theft. I just have not been able to get anyone in this town to help me so I have to go out of it to Charleston or Columbia and somone who will help and guide me so I can win this case. I know it is winable, my name was forged, and I was set-up as a victim. I am suing these two people; one who initially contacted me to purchase 12 acres and a new morton horse barn I owned in the country, and the other one, his mother-in-law, who both pieces of property ended up in her name. (*****). The police investigation went no where-it was closed; she bought off the sheriff I believe as well. The investigator said he would testify, my lawyer was not even going to call him to testify nor anyone else for that matter; it just rested on my shoulders. He says what I am saying is all heresay; I did have it all in writing in letters to my then boyfriend who was incarcerated during the time; he said those letters would stand for nothing. See, my problem is, I guess I don't believe him, he hasn't explained anything about the law to me so I have so many questions unanswered and I do not trust him. Thank You for your help.

Edited by FindLaw_AHK, 19 February 2013 - 07:46 AM.
This post has been edited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users