help in utah.......

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bokayc

bokayc

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

okay i possted a question regard ing how to get the old land lord to comply to my request on singing a statement on the dates of residency it regards a court matter pretaining to a crimminal case and in that statement alone its value is very substaintial and vital to the defense also i live in utah and thanks..............so if theres and suggestions in this matter im open see i talked to her and she stated i dont owe you any favors yet i was a good tenant and resodded the wole yard 600.00 worth any way favor or no favor what ever thats okay any suggestions on how to approch her and favor her into a simple statement singing that doesent even have any thing to do with her personally this is really asimple matter for her and im really trying to avoid having to suppena her butt to court to testify............ so im really need help okay thanks again.............

#2 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

If you are intending to offer this statement at trial, it's not admissible. You will have to have her testify.

#3 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,520 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

If you need her statement to be admitted at the trial, you’ll have to “subpoena her butt to court” as you put it. The problem with a written statement is that (1) the opposing side doesn't get to cross examine the witness and (2) the jury doesn't get the chance to see and hear her in order to decide how trustworthy she is. So. you’d need to get her to court so she can look at the jury and tell them the answers to questions asked.

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Have you requested the land lady to appear as a witness?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users