CPS Case

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hatedbutloved143

Hatedbutloved143

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

I live in San Bernardino county in California. I need help!! CPS took my children Thursday night. My 8 months old daughter got caught between a portable space heater and the wall. I had unplugged the space heater but my 3 year old son went right behind me and plugged it back in and turned it on. I was cooking when this happened. When I heard her screaming, I asked my son to pull her out. He did. He came to me and said she had bad owies. I went and looked. It didn't look like a burn, it looked like scratches, like she had ripped the top layer of skin. She stopped crying when I picked her up and was fine. So I kissed it and made it better, set her down, and continued with my day. About a half an hour later, she started crying again, so I picked her up to see what was wrong. Some blisters had formed. They weren't big bad blisters, and I was afraid to take her to the hospital for fear of CPS intervention. I called my foster mother, who is a nurse. She said put her in a cool bath, put some neosporin on it, bandage it up, and i'll take you to the dr. tomorrow. I have no transportation, no way to get around. I'm on welfare, the kid's dad isn't paying any child support or anything. My mom lives next door, so I took her over there and my mom said the same thing. She said don't let anyone find out. Well, someone found out, because the Sheriff knocked on my door at 6:30 that evening. He wanted to see the burns. When I pulled the bandage off, and they were worse. I hadn't looked at the again prior to that. I was waiting for when I give them their nightly bath. He called an ambulance and I called my foster mother. She showed up and I left to the hospital with the baby. My boyfriend was also home at the time. From there I guess, another Sergent showed up and started taking pictures of my house. The heater, it was a little messy so they took pictures of the worst things they could find. Then they called CPS. 2 CPS workers came, one stepped in the doorway, then took the older two kids. She didn't inspect the home, or anything. They said they didn't need a warrant because there was no caretaker in the home. So I'm at the hospital while they are in my house, kidnapping my two children. The hospital sends up down to another hospital that has a burn unit. The CPS workers showed up there and started bombarding me with questions and accusations, making me sign a bunch of things, all while I was under serious duress-they had just taken my children away. They informed me then that when my daughter was discharged, they would be taking her too. They let me stay with her in the hospital then they released her. Now they are saying that I have a substance abuse problem, that I have depression, and mental health issues that I need to handle, that there was human feces all over my house, dirty dishes everywhere, trash and debris everywhere, and dangerous items that could harm my children. They said that the children are suffering emotional damage in my care, and that I am not qualified to care for their physical and mental well being. The worker told me that the children would be placed together. Then I go to court on Tuesday, this is after I have already signed up for the parenting classes that they want and spent all my money, my boyfriends money, and other peoples money to buy brand new beds, clothes, and completely redo my whole house, to find out that my kids are not together, and that this CPS worker wrote a completely false reports, saying I have body oder and my teeth are deteriorating because I am a drug addict, all these lies! Lies! Lies! Lies! So I go talk to her today, because of course I call her on the phone everyday, several times a day and she never answers, and she tells me two of my kids are in Banning, the other is in Barstow, and that I probably won't be able to even start visitation until they are placed together in the same home, and they don't know when that is going to be. They say I have to see a Psychiatrist, do therapy, take parenting classes, and get a drug abuse screening done. I don't know what to do. They keep telling me if I do what I'm told, I can have them back by May, but they've cut off my aid, and now I can't pay my rent and won't have a roof over my head. Please someone help me!

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation. Have you contacted a local CPS social worker to address this matter?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#3 Hatedbutloved143

Hatedbutloved143

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

I went and saw her, becuase I kept calling her and she never answered her phone or called me back. I signed up for 2 parenting classes, 2 therapists, spent hundreds of dollar on redoing my childrens room, and all I got back was, well you can't see the kids yet because they aren't together and they are too far away. I asked her what I was suppose to do and seh didn't really tell me anything, all she did was ask a bunch of nosy questions trying to get me to incriminate myself more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users