descrimination

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 manwithacause

manwithacause

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

I was recently denied entrance to the US Federal court House in Shreveport La. with a service dog. not once but twice . Can I sue those responsible for denying me entrance and hold the federal government accountable ?

#2 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

I was recently denied entrance to the US Federal court House in Shreveport La. with a service dog. not once but twice .

What kind of "service dog"?

Can I sue those responsible for denying me entrance

Sure. Anybody can sue anybody for anything. But first you'll have to follow the procedures of the federal tort claims laws.

and hold the federal government accountable ?

Seriously? Do you really think that's going to happen?

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,392 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

In any event, you're certainly free to sue, but what would be the point. You clearly have no monetary damages, and it's probably unlikely that the court would issue an injunction because of a single incident. Also, if you google something like "service animals federal buildings," it appears that you may not have the same right of access to federal buildings with a service animal that you have at other public buildings (even assuming your dog is properly certified and registered and that you had proper evidence of that on your possession at the time).

But certainly feel free to consult with a local attorney.

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Did you suffer any damages as a result of this ordeal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users