Disorderly Conduct via Assault

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PT6fan

PT6fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

O.k. my son is an 18 year old junior in High School. back in Dec. him and a younger cousin (14 years old) decided it would be a good idea to go out in a snow storm and walk down the street with airsoft guns, they had no pellets. A neighbor saw the boys in the street and called the police saying there were two men with guns in the road. 3 policemen came drew there weapons and looked for the boys. By now the boys were back in the house and had us screaming at them! Anyway they both received a Magistrate hearing notice for Disorderly Conduct. The younger cousin went to court today and the charges were Disorderly Conduct via Assault, 2 charges I guess. He received 1 year probabtion. Now my fear is my son is 18 and he may get hit with something more. He has not been in trouble before, I figured we could handle a "Disorderly Conduct" as I have seen so many in this court system walk away with a slap on the wrist. But I am a bit worried now. He wants to be a Marine and wants to be a state cop. Does he need a lawyer for the magistrates hearing or can he wait to see if he has a hearing and get a public defender? Not like we have a whole lot of money available in this economy.

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

What state is this concerning and what charges have been filed against your son?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users