• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LynMCo

LynMCo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Sorry for length. I need to know if I can combine cases.
My 25+ year marriage is done 1/4/13. I'm taking him back to court to collect support he w/held from 1st support order over the 2 years our divorce dragged on. In 2/12 he filed for a protective order. I didn't answer due to he'd tried before and been turned down. He lied in court. He used a secretly recorded conversation between the 2 of us, from 12 months before. The conversation was w/in a month of us going through a devastating loss. Anyways, to my horror, he was granted one for 3 years. I never once put my hands on him. He came w/in seconds of killing me in May 2011. I have his arrest record as well as my medical records. I was left w/ a torn ACL and Mencius due to him kneeling on my leg while he was using his thumbs in an attempt to crush my windpipe. It took 6 months to recover. He's been using this r.o. as a control tool ever since. He's very angry re: the final settlement. Is there any basis at all in my getting this thrown out. I can't work. Child development. In CA that means fingerprint and background check. 20+ years training/experience I can't use. He's Narcissistic. I was the Plaintiff. He asked me multiple x to cancel. This stupid order was his only way to be in control. If he'd been the Plaintiff there never would have been an order. I need this off my head. He's paying the new permanent but, lower spousal support but, I'm having to go back into court for the major part of what I was granted in the final settlement.
Thank you for your time. We live in CA

#2 Ted_from_Texas

Ted_from_Texas

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,876 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

How, exactly, is this protective order giving him control over you? Of course I don't know the details, but it seems to me the less you see of him, the better for you. However, you are free to seek to have it lifted. Consult local counsel.

#3 LynMCo

LynMCo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

The main reason I want it lifted is my livelihood. I love working with children. It's the one field where I can actually make a living. At my age making a comparable wage working another job isn't likely. Also, he's nice when he wants me to agree to something that benefits him. However, when I'm trying to get anything from the thousands that he owes me, boom the threat of the order comes out. You're right about not seeing him. I want nothing more than to see him in my rearview mirror. I wish I could see a lawyer. This 2 year journey has sucked! I searched for one who'd agree to be paid from what my ex owes me. That was a wild goose chase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users