Bad Surgeons?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 badneck12

badneck12

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

I had a neck injury a few years ago and I am finally going to have surgery. I live in CA. When I went to the hospital recently to get updated x-rays, an employee there told me that there is one surgeon that was banned from all hospitals in the area for years and just recently was reinstated at this hospital. This employee told me nothing more, except to make sure I don't use this particular surgeon. I also don't know how much choice I'll have in surgeons, since I'm on Medicaid. The employee also told me I could google it- to find out who it is...I've searched with not much luck. My Q: Is there a website with a list, or any way that I can find surgeons in my area that have had malpractice issues/ lawsuits etc?

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Have you tried the MEDICAL BOARD OF CALIFORNIA LICENSE LOOKUP SYSTEM?

#3 badneck12

badneck12

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

I don't know the name of the surgeon... :mellow:

#4 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Then you'll have to wait till you get a name and then check it against the Board's records and Medi-Cal's records:

http://files.medi-ca...0-49_z03/=

Or you might see if you can get a list of orthopedic surgeons at that hospital and then check all of them out.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users