Photo

The person living up stairs from me in this 3 floor apartment house yelled at me outside with my son present..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DaveFromMA

DaveFromMA

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

I'm from Fall River, Massachusetts and I've had problems with this other Tenant before and I told the landlord but I tried to resolve it myself and was successful doing so, but the tenant yelled at me this morning while my son and I was waiting for a taxi to bring him to school. What happened was the tenant is a Dominican and I can't understand what he says most of them time because of the broken english and because I'm partly deaf in both ears and have been since I was 3-4 years old. The first problems I had with this tenant was that I was taking interferon treatment and was really sick and he and his son were making so much noise (He lives on the floor above my apartment ) and I asked him to quiet down a bit and he replied with some comments such as "Stop being a B*t*h" , "Come up here and make me" , and "Move the F@@K out" and lastly "I'll pound on your face". And at the time the landlords son was living on the first floor and I brought it to his attention and he told his father, but the next day I told the landlord that I would try to resolve it in a peaceful manner and thought I had done so by telling him my medical problem and asked him nicely and left it at that. The noise stopped for a week or two then started back up. I've tried to over look it and I've called the landlord and reported it to him and told me that he can't do anything about it until its past 11:00p.m. and if he does make loud noises past that time that I should call the police. Well this morning the tenant I'm having issues with said something this morning and I didn't understand what he said then a minute after he starts saying "You think your better than me?" and "F**K you" and "Screw you" and this all took place outside of the appartment house and in front of my 11 year old son. My son didn't want to leave cause it was afriad I was going to get hurt but I assured him that if he came towards me I would call the cops. My question is: What can I do so this never happens again and what should I make the landlord do to assure my safety and also what should I do so that I have proof of all this? Any suggestions or comment would be appreciated.

#2 OKLALL

OKLALL

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

The landlord is not responsible for your personal safety. He is correct that you need to call the police to report disturbances of the peace. If you feel threatened with bodily harm, you can file in court for a protective order to keep the 3rd floor tenant away from you.

#3 DaveFromMA

DaveFromMA

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Okey, thanks for the information. I greatly appreciate it.

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Do you have a long term lease with the landlord?

#5 DaveFromMA

DaveFromMA

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

A year to year Lease

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users