• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DebDeBoer

DebDeBoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

hi, can anyone help?

am not us citizen, marrid with a us citizen in 2008. have a greencard. 3 years old child us citizen. he bought a house 2 years ago.
he work full time, i work parttime.
i want to know what my situation will be by getting divorce..........., my child, the house, the money

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,786 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

hi, can anyone help?

We can respond to your posts (although not using normal English sentence structure and not following rules of capitalization and punctuation make that unnecessarily difficult).

he bought a house 2 years ago.

I assume "he" refers to your husband.

i want to know what my situation will be by getting divorce..........., my child, the house, the money

It is completely impossible for us to assess all of these things with any degree of thoroughness or certainty. With respect to your child, the court will make custody determinations based on what it determines to be in the child's best interests and the laws of your unidentified state. The house likely will be determined to be marital property since it was bought during the marriage, unless evidence exists to rebut that presumption. Whether it might need to be sold depends on information we don't have, including the manner in which title is held, the source of the funds used for the down payment and the mortgage payments, etc. With respect to "the money," I have no idea what money you're talking about.

If you want to ask some clearer and more specific questions, we likely can provide additional information.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

You may want to visit the Family Law Center and read Divorce as a good resource to learn more about this subject matter. I also suggest you consult with a local Family Law Lawyer to advise you further in detail about your specific situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users