Jump to content


Revocation of probation

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kari24


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

My husband is currently serving 21 months in federal, has a case pending in state for revocation on his probation. I like to know if he can get his time concurrent.

#2 Tax_Counsel


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,438 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

No way to give any definite answer to that without knowing, at a minimum:
(1) what specific federal statute(s) he was convicted of violating;
(2) what specific state laws he was convicted of violating for which he was serving probation; and
(3) what he did to violate the state probation.

His lawyer on the state case should be able to tell him the answer to this. If he doesn’t have a lawyer, he needs to get one.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

This issue is difficult to address without having the detailed facts. If your husband has not done so already, he may want to consult with a local Criminal Defense Lawyer to advise him regarding this matter.

#4 Fallen


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,089 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

I suspect the only answer to this "can" question is "yes" but this isn't an answer someone can pin down from here with zippy info. Your husband needs to talk with a defense lawyer if he doesn't have one (and someone who is familiar with state-based criminal law in addition to federal, if that's not someone he has now).

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users