#1 NikBramsen

NikBramsen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

I have a two and a half year old son.
His mother and I are not together.
I pay my child support on time.
However I do not get to see him but once every few months.
We both live in Washington State.
I signed her copy of a parenting plan back in may of 2011, however either it has not been filed or she does not follow that agreement we have.

So here are my questions:
1. Can I re-file a parenting plan?
2. Where should I go about doing so?
3. How do I find out if she has filed said plan?

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,401 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

I have a two and a half year old son.
His mother and I are not together.
I pay my child support on time.

Were you ever married to the mother? If not, was your paterntiy ever established? Do you pay child support pursuant to a court order, or are you paying it voluntarily?

However I do not get to see him but once every few months.

Is there a visitation order entered by a court? If so, what does it entitle you to in terms of visitation?

I signed her copy of a parenting plan back in may of 2011, however either it has not been filed or she does not follow that agreement we have.

You don't know???

1. Can I re-file a parenting plan?

To "re-file" something means to file something again that was already filed. Since you don't seem to know whether the parenting plan you previously signed was ever filed, it is impossible to know if it can be "re-filed." If it was never filed, then, by definition, it cannot be "re-filed." If it was filed, what would be the purpose of "re-filing" it?

2. Where should I go about doing so?

The court house, I would imagine.

3. How do I find out if she has filed said plan?

Do you really not know how to find out if something has been filed with the court??? You check the court file maintained by the court clerk.

#3 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Before proceeding to file your parenting plan, you may want consult with a local Washington Family Law Lawyer to advise you further in detail about your specific situation. Many lawyers do offer a free consultation. I also suggest you visit the Family Law Center as a good resource to learn more about this topic.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users