executor of estate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tndirtdauber

tndirtdauber

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Iam living with my father taking care of him in the last days. Iam not working and have no income. My question is , when my father passes can the executor remove me from my dads house ?

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

What is your interest in the house? Do you have any ownership interest or considered a tenant? Do you have any future interest in the home?

#3 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,971 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

"My question is , when my father passes can the executor remove me from my dads house ?"

Only possible answer to this is "yes", your post falls short in terms of details. (At minimum, the person would need to follow your state's landlord-tenant laws as it relates to at-will tenancies. They can't "kick" you out if that's what you're asking, and if they interfere with your residency or do anything unlawful (like changing locks when you're out), you're free to call the police and/or file a petition in the local landlord-tenant court about it.)

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users