• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EmilyVanHorn

EmilyVanHorn

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

TEXAS
Our landlords have several rental properties. Our home alone has rotten boards under tile/carpet
Mold that was painted over and now being seen since we have been here a while.
I just spoke to one of their "helpers", which are usually someone fresh out of jail or
self-employed people - he shook his head in disgust when he had to help fix up an old
mobile home to be rented - he said it had rotten boards that are being covered and painted.
Rotten boards are used for repair.
The rent is outragious for the old MH they are renting.
Is this legal? The people, like myself, move into the home thinking it is just fine - until they are there a while
to discover the floor falls through or leaks when it rains.
Also, I am told to pay cash for my rent because she is not reporting it this income.

Would like to know what these renters can do - rent is too high to save money in order to move out.

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

You may want to contact the Texas Department of State Health Services to address your concerns regarding such mold issue. You may also want to read the Texas Property Code: Landlord and Tenant as a good resource to learn more about your rights as a tenant.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users