Ex LandLand sueing over property damadge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shieshie

shieshie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

After calling on the ad in the paper: Rental- two bedrooms - one and a half bath, townhouse. I made an appointment to view. Place seemed cute, I really didn't notice all the damage, until after I had signed the lease. Other Tenants were living in the place as I did a walk through. The Tenants moved out and I set up another appointment to view the place with the Land Lord. I walked in and was very disgusted at the condition of the place. The carpets were dirty, walls needed to be painted, flooring in Kitchen needed to be replaced. The linoleum in the kitchen didn't even cover the floor, you could see the wood on the floor, and I don't mean the floors were wood. I was told the stove didn't work, it was a new stove. Apparently it had a bad part. I was told they would bring me a replacement stove, the stove they brought me was old and dirty. I took pictures. We agreed on painting. I didn't mind doing the work. I love projects. They took out a full size washer and dryer, brought me a front load apartment size set. Didn't even have the bases for them, so when you did laundry you had to set on the floor to place the laundry in the washer and place in the dryer. Yes it was a nightmare. I ended up getting evicted due to lack of payment. Honestly I wanted out. The neighbor hood was a high drug infected area, One night a neighbor in the complex next to me tried killing his girlfriend with a gun. My problem is, They kept my security deposit, fine, but I am not paying them for Carpet replacement, Door replacement and exct. We are going before a mediator next Month to figure this out and I have pictures of the place. I'm not paying for there up keep. I only lived there three Months. Please give suggestions on what to do. I really feel as if they are taking advantage of me and harassing me.

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

What are you figuring out with the mediator? To learn more about your rights as a tenant, visit the Real Estate Law Center and read Landlord-Tenant Law.

#3 t4lynn24

t4lynn24

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

In Civil court they have a mediator try to settle the case before you have to go into Court. When we went to court over the eviction in which I think the Judge ruled in correctly. First of all, on the Lease it states in the section of Eviction, You could be charged up to $400.00 in Attorney fees. No I paid $1200. for there Attorney. Really. When we went to Court nothing was in documentation it was all He said she said. I could of told the Judge yes I paid the rent and he would of let me stay they couldn.t prove I didn't cause they brought an Attorney, but no records of payments. I felt like it was a three ring circus. So I'm just confused over how this whole thing will play out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users