Jump to content


Salary not been paid for 3 months by the Employer

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rombom


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

My Name is Romil & I'm from India. I'm a Web Designer here in India. CEO of New York based educational institute company who lives in New Jersey hired me a year ago to work for his project.
Deal was i'lll be working from home in India & he will be paying me every month salary as part of full-time employment with him. And salary transfer will be done by his personal name through Western Union.
But now from last 3 months he has not been sending me any money and still promises that my employment is still secure. Even after continuous emails & repeated calls, for which he never reply back, he is nowhere contactable.
My request is if you can help me with the next step to recover my 3 months balance salary from him.
Plz help me. Thanks.

#2 adjusterjack


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

I doubt if any US wage laws will help you. And a lawsuit isn't likely to be the answer due to cost and distance.

I hope you left yourself a backdoor into his website so you can shut it down so he can't use it.

If not, you might have to chalk this up to a life lesson from the school of hard knocks.

By the way, for future reference, when your money is due on Day X and you don't get it, you stop working until you do get it. You don't keep working based on promises.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

It may or may not be helpful, but you may contact the New York Department of Labor and the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development to file a complaint against this employer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users