Jump to content



  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 luc00031979


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Back in september my boyfriend gave me a check to cash from his boss. which i always cashed them before. we had a joint account and he would sign his name than i would sign my name. well he asked me to go put this check in our account when i went to the bank the systems were down and it was a small town so they knew me and his boss so they said we cant put it in the account if u need to use ur debit card today cause it wont post today so i just asked for cash since i knew we were going out of town cause my boyfriend needed work boots. so i got the cash went and picked him up and all was fine. well a couple weeks later i was unhappy so i moved out. and he had my 10,000 dollar camper and i wanted it cause its mine and title is in my name well than all of a sudden him and his boss said i stole that check. well his boss admits to signin it but dont admitt to writing the otheer info on it. and now i have a warrent for a cllass c feloney which i intend to turn myself in. but this whole time since sept. nothing was said. what do i do

#2 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,734 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

You need to consult with a criminal defense attorney.

#3 Legal_Balla



  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

Please hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer immediately. Also note that everything you say can be used against you, except private matters discussed with your lawyer. Your posts on legal forums, like this one, can be used against you. Facebook posts can be also. The same is true with text messages and emails. Contact a lawyer. Remain silent. Good luck.

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

I agree with the previous poster, you may want to consult with a local criminal defense to advise you of your rights. For less than $13 month, Legal Street allows you to have access to experienced local attorneys to address your legal questions year-round and and also get discounted legal representation if you need.

#5 Fallen


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

What you do is talk with the public defender's office if you cannot afford an attorney.

The camper issue is likely irrelevant. It's unclear how you've been prevented from taking possession of it, but if he's hidden it somewhere, I'd feel free to file a return of personal property action against him because I don't see the police pursuing a stolen property complaint against him under the circumstances.

In a perfect world, a prosecutor would have an informal chat with an attorney and agree to drop the charges, but you can't hold your breath on something like that.

I don't think any some prepaid legal plan subscription would be a savior here. (Is that some new product this site is advertising? Even so, I don't know that it's a great idea to mention such a thing in a response.)

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users