Jump to content


Probation violation??? Do we need a lawyer?

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ConnieJ


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Georgia - My husbands probation case was being transferred to our new city (same state). He went down there yesterday as his PO told him to and the 'new' PO said that all the paperwork was not there, after he sat there all day. He was told to come back today, he did and after sitting there for hours he told them that he had to get back to work and checked to see what was going on. Another PO told him they still didn't have all his paperwork, looked at his history from 10 years ago and said 'oh im not accepting your case' and called to tell the 'old' PO but was not able to contact him. She told the front desk person she was not taking the case and left a message for his PO. She then asked him to step in the back and asked him for a urine analysis. He refused saying 'If you are not taking my case, why do I have to give urine'...he refused to take the test (yes, he was dirty)...so of course she locked him up to send him back to the 'old' PO...is this a case for a lawyer? How is this legal if she wasn't his PO?

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

If your husband has not done so already, he may want to consult with a local Georgia criminal defense lawyer to advise him of his rights. You may wish to visit Legal Street and take advantage of having a local lawyer available to address your husband's legal concerns. For less than $13 a month, a licensed local lawyer in your area will be available to answer various legal questions that your husband may have and also get discounted legal representation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users