trademarking and copyrights

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Acikmis7

Acikmis7

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Any one know where in Atl, Georgia I can look to for info on trademarking and copyrights, as well as the law on owning a business in the city and its surrounding areas. ??? Thanks y'all

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Sounds like you have a lot of questions on this topic. You may want to consider signing up for LegalStreet. You can ask all of your questions to a local Atlanta, Georgia lawyer for less than $13 per month and also get discounted legal representation if you need.

#3 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,688 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Any one know where in Atl, Georgia I can look to for info on trademarking and copyrights, as well as the law on owning a business in the city and its surrounding areas. ??? Thanks y'all

Copyright law is federal law. The U.S. Copyright Office has a wealth of information about copyright law on its web site. A good place to start on that site is the publication on Copyright Basics.

Trademark law is governed by both federal and state laws, though the federal law is generally the more significant. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has a lot of good information on trademarks on its web site, too. A good start there is its publication that explains Basic Facts About Trademarks.

The USPTO also has a page that has links to each state's trademark office. You can use that to help start your research on state trademark laws. You may find Georgia information here: GA trademark registration forms and instructions

As for the local laws that apply to your business, I suggest you consult a local business law attorney for advice. Anyone starting out in business ought to do that, as there are a lot of things new business owners often don't know about or haven't thought about that would be important for their business.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users