sue the USA goverment for negelance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 david5748

david5748

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

i am looking to sue the USA goverment for negelance for not inforcing the deportation of all illegal
immigrants to our country My main concern is illegals having childrern that are born citizens of the USA in time the children of the 30 million illegals are going to effect are elections that is why I want
to file lawsuit against goverment of the usa for negelance for not deportinig all illegal's where do i stand and how do i file this lawsuit

#2 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

You stand nowhere. You can't sue the government for the selective enforcement of it's laws. Who it prosecutes/deports is completely a matter of discretion and not a basis upon which a civil suit is possible.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

You may want to read the LawBrain: Standing article as a good resource.

#4 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,637 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

i am looking to sue the USA goverment for negelance for not inforcing the deportation of all illegal
immigrants to our country My main concern is illegals having childrern that are born citizens of the USA in time the children of the 30 million illegals are going to effect are elections that is why I want to file lawsuit against goverment of the usa for negelance for not deportinig all illegal's where do i stand and how do i file this lawsuit

Your lawsuit would be dismissed because you don't state a viable cause of action and because you lack standing to bring the lawsuit. The federal government is not obligated to deport all illegal aliens even if the government could find them all. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has a limited budget and must make decisions about what it can do with the resources it has. It certainly doesn't have the resources to try looking house to house to ferret out every single illegal alien in this country. If you want stronger enforcement of the immigration laws, put your effort into contacting your congressional representatives and senators and make your feelings on the matter clear to them.

#5 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,837 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

immigrants to our country My main concern is illegals having childrern that are born citizens of the USA in time the children of the 30 million illegals are going to effect are elections that is why I want
to file lawsuit against goverment of the usa for negelance for not deportinig all illegal's where do i stand and how do i file this lawsuit

Sorry, but this is just preposterous. First of all, enforcement of laws is entirely at the discretion of the government. Second, the government has no duty to any particular citizen to enforce generally applicable laws. Third, you have no standing because, at best, you have what's called a generalized grievance that is no different than any other citizen. Fourth, you have suffered no damages. You vaguely cite a concern that the citizen children of illegal immigrants will, at some unknown point in the future, will "effect [sic] are [sic] elections" in some unknown manner. Even if that's true, the effect is speculative and doesn't damage you in any legally cognizable way.

This is something that needs to be addressed through the political system, not the courts. If you want tougher immigration laws, urge your state's senators and representatives to enact tougher laws. If you want tougher enforcement of the existing laws, urge your elected representatives to apply pressure to the persons charged enforcing the laws to be tougher. You'll also need to urge your representatives to allocate more monetary resources toward that end. As you should know, the federal government has numerous responsibilities for which it allocates resources. If you want immigration enforcement to get more of those resources, you'll either need to take resources away from something else or raise taxes.

#6 prose7_2334

prose7_2334

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

This is So Ridiculous!!!!!! I see ur stance is more PERSONAL than POLITICAL. U have a much much better chance of hitting the Lottery in ALL 50 States...on the same day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users