Petition to Modify Child Support

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Frustratedbyallmeans

Frustratedbyallmeans

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

My husbands ex-wife has filed a motion/petition to modify child support and we just found out she is currently with child with her new husband. Is this something that a lawyer should know about or is it completly irrelavant?

#2 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,257 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

My husbands ex-wife has filed a motion/petition to modify child support and we just found out she is currently with child with her new husband. Is this something that a lawyer should know about or is it completly irrelavant?

Unless you have some reason to think that her child’s father is your husband, it likely won’t matter at all in calculating the support amount your husband is obligated to pay. He is only obligated to pay support for his kids. That said, your husband should give this fact to his lawyer. As an attorney myself, I’d rather my client give me a fact that I cannot use than not tell me something that might turn out to be important. Since I don’t know all the history to your husband’s case and don’t know all the facts involved, I can’t say for sure that the ex’s pregnancy wouldn’t somehow be useful.

#3 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

You may visit the Family Law Center and read Child Support Modification as a good resource to learn more about this subject matter.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users