Child Support and DNA

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Natalease

Natalease

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hello , there is a chance my ex husband isn't the father of our 6 year old son !! I have asked him from day one to go about getting the D>N>A test done and he refused stating he didn't care that he would father our child anyway . Now it is bothering him and he is mistreating our child and has stopped paying child support for both children . He is legally still the childs father paternity has not been proved . What do I do ? :( We also have an 11 year old and there is no doubt about her paternity .... I don't know what to do but I seriously can't handle him bad mouthing my baby !!

Edited by FindLaw_AHK, 22 January 2013 - 12:05 PM.
This post has been edited to remove style elements that were causing it to display improperly. -Moderator

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,558 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Hello , there is a chance my ex husband isn't the father of our 6 year old son !! I have asked him from day one to go about getting the D>N>A test done and he refused stating he didn't care that he would father our child anyway .

The only way this would be possible is if you were having sex with multiple men around the time of your child's conception. Is there any particular reason why you did not get a DNA test done? Getting a DNA sample from your husband shouldn't have been difficult.

he is mistreating our child and has stopped paying child support for both children .

Your recourse for failure to pay child support is to seek to enforce the support order. Whether there is any recourse for the alleged "mistreatment" depends on exactly what he's doing.

#3 prose7_2334

prose7_2334

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

This is a very unfortunate reality for many women across the nation. Ur husband seems to be caught in a Catch-22 of sorts. How is it that ur prego by ur hubby and in the next breath say get a DNA test. dnt believe that went as so, but who am i to judge? and I am not. I am making an observation.Come on girlfriend get it together. I mean him being mean so u say is just misguided and misdirected angry that should be aimed at u. No, i am not condoning any facet of Domestic Violence, but u nd to go grab some Clinical Psycology sessions. Still, great luck to u and ur family

#4 prose7_2334

prose7_2334

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

It Really sucks, because, we ADULTS are so childish at times that we dnt realize that it is the KIDS that bear the burden of our ineptitude.

#5 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

There are legal steps you can take if a parent who is obligated to pay child support under the terms of a court or government agency order stops making payments. To learn more about this subject matter, you may visit the Family Law Center: Child Support and read Child Support Enforcement as a good resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users