TRESSPASSING

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 repairman1731

repairman1731

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

mY COUSIN DOES NOT PAY RENT OR OWN THAT THE LAND SHE STAY THERE. HER FATHER ALLOW HER TO STAY THERE. SHE THINKS SHE OWN IT AND FILE 2 TREPRESSSING CHARGES THAT I WAS FOUND NOT GUILTY. I FILED AN CIVIL SUITE AND IT WAS DISMISSED. ON 1 CASE WHEN SHE FILE TREPRASSING SHE WAS TOLD THAT I COULD STAY BY COURT APPOINTED CONSERTVATOR AND THAT DAY IT WAS AN PUBLIC AUCTION GOING ON THAT DAY.
WHAT RIGHTS DOES SHE Have?

#2 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Turn off the caps. It's like shouting, hard to read, and very annoying.

From a legal standpoint one doesn't have to own or pay rent to have the right to keep anybody off the property that she doesn't want there.

Beyond that the rest of your post is incomprehensible.

Why did you file suit?

Why did the court say you could stay? Were you living there?

What does the public auction have to do with anything?

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 repairman1731

repairman1731

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

The courts control the property and everything on the property. The auction was the only time I went there to buy some boat they had and she went out there crying that she had an court order to keep me out but I was never giving an restraining order. Miss code sec 97-17-87. Trespass; (1) any person who shall be guilty of a willful or malicious trespass upon the real or personal property of another,
I file after the second time she press charges for trepassing because she was told by the court appointed consertvator told her that I could stay.

#4 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

It's still not clear what you are trying to accomplish here.

What is or was your relationship with her?

Why do the courts control the property and everything on it?

Have you checked with the court to see if there really is a restraining order with your name on it?

What exactly did you "file"?

This woman is apparently hostile to you? Why aren't you just staying away?

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#5 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

What ownership rights do you or your cousin currently have with the property?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users