• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bpunathil

bpunathil

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Dear friends,

In a website which is used for reporting unwanted calls, someone has put my name, company name, fb and linkedin links with negative remarks. This shows up on google search and badly affects my repuation among my friends, employers and future prospective employers.
I have tried to contact the website owner, the hosting company and no result. How do I get it removed. How can I file suite. I am based in toronto.
The server is based in new jersey

Please help

thanks
Biju

#2 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,922 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

You don't say how you know that it "badly affects [your] reputation" or how the "negative remarks" are defamatory. At any rate, that's neither here nor there.

You're essentially asking folks to walk you through a lawsuit, and that's not the purpose of the message boards (it's essentially for general info and feedback).

I presume you mean by "server is based in new jersey" that you're saying the site operates out of NJ. If it operates in Canda, however, no reason to believe you cannot seek remedy via Canadian court.

Please seek local (personal injury) counsel.

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

#3 bpunathil

bpunathil

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hi fallen,

Someone has posted that I called them and talk dirty over the phone. However there is no name of the person who posted this instead it has that particular website user for all posts and its same person posting it on different dates
Ad they have put the liks of my fb, LinkedIn and my company name etc
This will affect me badly since whoever search my first and second name n google will see this. It could be my potential employer, my friends, relatives etc. It affects my image and any company seeking to recruit me will think that I am a bad person and loses that opportunity
The website is hosted in NJ and I am based in Toronto
Moreover the website has no option to report abuse and I tried 15 times to contact the website administrator and all these emails got bounced. I found out the web hosting company through whoisname.com and that's how I found out the server

Please help me

Thanks

#4 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,802 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

How can I file suite.

As far as I could tell, this was the only question in your original post. The way that you file suit (not "suite") is by filing a complaint with the appropriate court. It's possible that you could properly do this in Toronto, but I don't know Canadian law on personal jurisdiction. Certainly, you could properly do this in NJ. Feel free to consult with a lawyer in either location to discuss this. If there were other questions you had, feel free to ask them. Hint: using question marks at the end of questions will make it easier for us to spot your question.

#5 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Sounds like you have a lot of questions on this topic. You may want to consider signing up for LegalStreet to gain access to local experienced lawyers to address your legal issue for less than $13 per month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users