• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FINDANSWERS2012

FINDANSWERS2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I have sole legal custody of our son.our son visits the other parent every other weekend per court order.my so wants to attend his soccer game , but it interfers with his visit with the other parent.If the other parents gives permission for the child to miss the visit and attend the game instead can i be held in contempt for not bringing our son to his visit? Althopugh the other parents approved it, and its in writing I dont want it to come back and hurt me if they decide to take me to court for the missed visit

#2 Ted_from_Texas

Ted_from_Texas

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,993 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Subject to the terms of the custody order, visitation is at the option of the noncustodial parent. If the NCP agrees to miss or reschedule a visit for any reason, that will not reflect negatively on the custodial parent.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

To learn more about child custody & visitation, you may visit the Family Law Center as a good resource to learn more about this subject matter.

Hope that helps.

#4 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,554 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

As long as this is approved by the other parent and you have it in writing (in case you ever need to prove in court that the other parent approved), then there's no issue here.

Courts expect parents to behave like reasonably mature adults when it comes to stuff like this and to cooperate with each other to move things around and accommodate each other and the child(ren). Sounds like that's what you and your son's other parent are doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users