Photo

Can I file an Order To Show Cause With Restraints in N.J. to prevent defendants from lying to courts and companies ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bill234

bill234

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I need to file an Order To Show Cause With Restraints in New Jersey to prevent defendants from lying and manipulating the facts in the courts and to companies,Is this type of complaint the proper complaint to file in the ChanceryDivision of the Superior Court of New Jersey ?

#2 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,872 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Let's start with this: an order to show cause is generally an order directing a party to appear before the court and explain why the party took (or failed to take) some action, or to explain why the court should/should not enter some order or decision in a matter before the court. This is most commonly done when a party before the court has allegedly failed to follow an order of the court or some court rule. So, are you currently in litigation with the person against whom you'd seek the order, and what exactly do you want the court to do here?

Note that it is already illegal to lie in testimony given in court or documents filed with a court, so what more do expect a court to do to prevent a party lying in court that the law doesn't already do in making it illegal?

And as far as lying to companies, lying to private persons is generally not illegal unless it is part of a fraud scheme of some kind.

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,382 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

I have no clue what you're talking about, but courts cannot property enter an order that simply prohibits someone from violating the law.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users