Jump to content



  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jamieurena


    New Member

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

I was deported in 2012 for ten years, but I want to appeal the amount of time, I know I could reduce the amount of time to 5 years. Does anybody know were I could find a sample motion of appeal to the Immigration Board.

#2 LegalwriterOne


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

An appeal is not a motion you can just copy. It must be based upon the facts and record/s of the specific case. Further, appeals must be filed within 30 days of the entry of the deportation order. A motion to reconsider must also be filed within 30 days and a motion to reopen must be filed within 90 days. Consult counsel.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

This is an issue I would highly suggest you consult with a local Immigration Lawyer to address. You may also wish to visit the Immigration Law Center and read Deportation and Removal as a good resource to learn more about this subject matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users