Child Support agreement

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kamc2015

kamc2015

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Hypothetical question; For the past years my husband has giving me monetary support for our two children , how can I make an agreement with the court of law to stop the child support order that he owns. what are my other options.

#2 Ted_from_Texas

Ted_from_Texas

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,036 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Your question doen't make much sense. You don't make an agreement with the court, the court either orders something or it does not.

I presume that by "... the child support order that he owns" you mean that he has been ordered by the court to pay child support. If you want the court to terminate the order, you file a petition requesting it to do so, and explain why. It will be up to the court to decide whether to grant your request. Consult local counsel.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

To learn more about this subject matter, you may visit the Family Law Center and read Child Support as a good resource. For further clarification on your options, you may consult with a local Family Law Lawyer.

#4 kamc2015

kamc2015

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Your question doen't make much sense. You don't make an agreement with the court, the court either orders something or it does not.

I presume that by "... the child support order that he owns" you mean that he has been ordered by the court to pay child support. If you want the court to terminate the order, you file a petition requesting it to do so, and explain why. It will be up to the court to decide whether to grant your request. Consult local counsel.

Yes that is what I mean , By requesting this petition will the court order him to pay what he owns? I'm not sure if there is a way to actually ask a petition to remove the amount that he owns at the moment?

#5 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,094 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

It's awfully hard to address your questions because laws differ from state to state and you didn't identify your state. What does "pay what he owns" mean?

#6 kamc2015

kamc2015

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

It's awfully hard to address your questions because laws differ from state to state and you didn't identify your state. What does "pay what he owns" mean?

I understand your right sorry. My state is Rhode Island, and by pay what he owns, I mean pay the amount of money he has not pay for the child support order he was at the moment.

#7 kamc2015

kamc2015

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

I understand your right sorry. My state is Rhode Island, and by pay what he owns, I mean pay the amount of money he has not pay for the child support order he was at the moment.

has*

#8 Stewart_1420

Stewart_1420

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

As per my knowledge only the Rhode Island Court of Law can change an order and most of the time they want do that because they want that money as there are specific places that collect that money for the child and than it is sent to you as your child support however, there are special curcumstances in which the court will recongonize that the order needs to be changed as that is usually because if you are the female child 1.got pregant,2 married or 3.emanispated those are for the female; not sure about the males most orders are set up to cancel child support because of the type of ORDER that is issued through the "child services" support of what is in the Best interest of the child. Such as paying even after they are in college...Oh,boy this state really hangs you for child support, after reading several laws and the assuming percentage of the parties it is very difficult to reverse the order except what I have mentioned above about a female. Even Private Shool funds in that state must stipulated consent orders or there is an on going divorce. I hope this helps you. Good Luck Go to www.cse.ri.goc look under custodial parent services offeredto the left then on the left you will see modifying an order look there for all your answers.
Roberta Cleveland
Paralegal
RacCredit Reparation

#9 Stewart_1420

Stewart_1420

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm sorry the correct web address is www.cse.ri.gov
Roberta Cleveland
Paralegal
RacCredit Reparation

#10 Stewart_1420

Stewart_1420

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

I went back to the web site that it gave me to go to that I gave to you and it went somewhere else. So I am letting you know this information Child Support Office is at 77 Dorrance St, Providence, RI 02903 Phone # (401) 458-4400 they may be able to give you the correct location of there web address and ask them the same question that you are posting. Sorry and again Good Luck.
Roberta Cleveland
Paralegal
RacCredit Reparation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users