eviction on credit report

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kellykray

kellykray

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Hi i have a eviction on my credit from 09 i just find out last year when i did a credit report i went to the court house filed a petition had to go to court the judge denied my petition then they gave me a paper saying i can file an appeal within 30 days what should i do or how can i get this droped she didnt look at any papers i had should i file the appeal and get a public defender or what do any have any advice am i wasting my time filing the appeal it was s long ago

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Not sure what your legal issue is concerning. Could you please clarify?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#3 kellykray

kellykray

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

i cant get housing unless this is payed off and its for 2800 dollars i dnt have and dnt believe i owe i was out of the residents and left because there was no heat and didnt know at that time i had to go to court

#4 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

You didn't identify a state BUT public defenders ONLY handle criminal matters, not civil.

#5 kellykray

kellykray

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

In PA so is there any one else who can help me besides a public defender

#6 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

You may contact the Pennsylvania Legal Aid as a good resource to address your concerns.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#7 kellykray

kellykray

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users