grandparent adopting adult

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gulandrian_princess1990

gulandrian_princess1990

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

my little brother is in adult foster care and my grandma wants to obtain guardianship for him or adopt him the question is what should we do?

#2 Ted_from_Texas

Ted_from_Texas

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,025 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Grandma first needs to discuss the matter with your brother's caretaker, then depending on what is said there, consult a local family law atttorney about the feasibility of obtaining a legal guardianship or conservatorship. A lot depends on why your brother is in foster care in the first place.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

I agree with the previous poster, this is a matter your grandma may wish to consult with a local Family Law Lawyer to advise her on how to proceed. I also suggest you visit the Family Law Center as a good resource to learn more about this subject matter.

#4 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,882 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

my little brother is in adult foster care and my grandma wants to obtain guardianship for him or adopt him the question is what should we do?

I suppose it depends on who "we" are. I hope it goes without saying that, if your grandmother wants to adopt or obtain a guardianship over your brother, she should consult with a local attorney who handles such matters. Since you provided no relevant facts at all (e.g., what state this is happening in, why your brother is in foster care, where your parents are, etc.), it's impossible for anyone here to say any more than that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users