Photo

can i lose my child in ohio if husband does something illegal while i am working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 concerned_mom_and_gma

concerned_mom_and_gma

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

I am a mother of two young children. I work full time at a nursing home facility and my husband is a stay at home dad taking online classes...
Recently found signs of some possible illegal activities that are possibly happening while I am at work? What are my options to ensure the safety and custody of my children?

#2 Ted_from_Texas

Ted_from_Texas

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,045 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

What signs? What "possible" illegal activities? Are the activities taking place at home or at work, or somewhere else? By whom? What makes you think your children might not be safe, or that custody could be in question? Give us something to work with, here.

#3 concerned_mom_and_gma

concerned_mom_and_gma

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

husband may be doing illegal drug while I am at work. found some questionable items with burnt substance on it. Should I leave and take children with me or can csp take children when i am at work if something happens

#4 Ted_from_Texas

Ted_from_Texas

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,045 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Presumably you're not talking about last night's tuna casserole.

If your husband is busted for drugs while the kids are in his possession, the usual procedure is for the police to call you to come get them. However, if they're in immediate danger, or if you cannot be contacted immediately, Child Protective Services (or the equivalent authority in your county) may be called in to care for them temporarily. If you are complicit in your husband's activities, the children could be removed from your care even if you aren't directly involved yourself.

If you have reason to believe your husband is using or dealing, you should take immediate action to distance yourself and the kids from that activity. Consult local counsel.

#5 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

I agree with the previous poster, if you suspect your husband of such activities, you may want to address this concern immediately.

#6 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,242 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Recently found signs of some possible illegal activities that are possibly happening while I am at work?

Despite your use of a question mark, this sentence isn't a question. If it was intended to be a question, it isn't clear what you were intending to ask.

What are my options to ensure the safety and custody of my children?

Rather obviously, the first thing to do is talk with your husband about what's going on. Your suspicions may be correct or you could be completely wrong. We obviously have no way of knowing.

husband may be doing illegal drug while I am at work. found some questionable items with burnt substance on it. Should I leave and take children with me or can csp take children when i am at work if something happens

Can "CSP" take them while you're at work? Sure. If something happens? I suppose it depends on what "something" is.

Even if your husband is doing illegal drugs, that doesn't necessarily mean your kids are at any risk. That said, if, after you discuss the matter with your husband and get a better idea of what's happening, you conclude that your kids are in danger, you have a duty as a parent to take action to protect them. That may require that you move and seek a restraining order along with a temporary custody order while a divorce is pending. If you fail to take reasonable action, you could find yourself in hot water with child protective services.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users