retaliation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 schade82

schade82

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

I am currently disabled with Social Security but I work part time at an rv park in exchange for room and board that my boss leases from the government. However I discovered that my boss was writing payroll checks in my name and cashing them. Social Security found out about the checks and they figured I was working but after a phone call with them I reported that I neither knew about the checks or recieved any money. So now I have reported him how do I protect myself from being fired?

#2 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I am currently disabled with Social Security but I work part time at an rv park in exchange for room and board that my boss leases from the government. However I discovered that my boss was writing payroll checks in my name and cashing them. Social Security found out about the checks and they figured I was working but after a phone call with them I reported that I neither knew about the checks or recieved any money. So now I have reported him how do I protect myself from being fired?

You don't.

Nothing prevents wrong from being done to you.

But laws often give you a remedy after the wrong has been done.

If you want to prepare for that eventuality I suggest you consult an attorney who specializes in whistleblower protection and get proper advice as to how you can document the situation just in case.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Whistleblowers are individuals who have stepped up to report illegal activity by their employer, with just two examples being environmental violations or illegal workplace safety practices. To learn more about this subject matter, you may wish to visit the Employment Law Center and read Whistleblower Protections as a good resource. For further clarifications on your rights, you may consult with a local Whistleblower-Qui Tam Lawyer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users