assault

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dvilpup45

dvilpup45

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

I am being accused of sexual assault by a room mate known for many years over a prank from trying to scare her out of a sleep no police report or action has taken place at this time but what action, if any should I take to defend myself!

#2 dvilpup45

dvilpup45

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Cont we we had been horse playing for a while and, even wrestled at points in the friendship with
name calling meant comments but all in good sport and fun, should hire an attorney now?

#3 Legal_Balla

Legal_Balla

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

DO NOT SPEAK to ANYONE about this case! In sexual assaults it is common for the alleged victim to call you on the phone, with the police listening, and make you incriminate yourself. Do not answer ANY questions. Hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer immediately. Deactivate all Facebook and Internet Social media accounts right now!

#4 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,144 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

If you haven't been arrested or charged, then anything you do would be premature (including hiring a lawyer). I agree that you should keep your mouth shut about the incident.

#5 prose7_2334

prose7_2334

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

YEAH YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE DISCUSSING IT. tHE MOST COMMON ERROR PEOPLE MAKE is to make a statement.

#6 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Have you been arrested or charged with any crime?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users