Possession of Two Drivers license

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 roland.adams4

roland.adams4

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

l applied for CA drivers license in 1990 and again in 1994 with same names but different date of birth. This information was given to Federal authorities investigating me in 2002. The state did not bring any charges. l was at the DMV to renew my 1994 license but they mistakenly renewed the 1990 license even though l provided the 1994 information. l want to go make the correction. Can they charge me for any crime and what kind, an infraction, misdemeneur or felony. what is the statute of limitation and possible punishment for this offense

#2 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

WHY did you apply for a new license with a different date of birth? THAT determines what's possible.

#3 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

And why have you waited 18 years to address this error?

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

#4 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Have you contacted the DMV to address this concern?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users