roommate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vifill1

vifill1

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

live in mobile home, not on lease agreement provided to lessee from lessor. lessee says you have 30 days notice to leave. Can one do so or is it the lessor who should say so

#2 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

The one who is on the lease is your landlord and is the one that let you live there in the first place.

So, yes, the roommate is the one that can terminate your tenancy with proper notice.

And 30 is typically proper notice just about everywhere with maybe a couple of exceptions where only two weeks notice is required on a month to month tenancy.

Find yourself another place to live.

My advice: Avoid going the roommate route. All I ever read about is problems with roommate situations. Get yourself a studio or efficiency that you can afford on your own. You'll be a lot happier. Trust me on that.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users