DCF complaint

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oricleman

oricleman

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Hello, my family and I returned home one night and while reviewing our cameras we saw a man enter our property and appeared to be searching our property then he left. The next day when I was at work (I did not get my job back after this) I was called down to the office and was sent to a room where the man I had seen on the video was sitting there. He informed me that he was from DCF and there had been a complaint made. He told me that it said I had bruises up and down my arms, around my neck and behind my ears. He then made the statement that I was pregnant. He also said that my children were withdrawn from school and were being forced to work on the farm. He then said that the children are always dirty when they leave the home and that they are not being feed.

When he finished reading the complaint I showed him there were no bruises on my arms, neck or behind my ears. I told him my husband does not abuse me. I told the DCF employee about my children being enrolled in the virtual school and he wrote down the name of the school. I also told him that we have plenty of food (we are on food stamps) and we have a garden. He told me that he would need to see my family himself so I called my husband and told him the investigator was coming.

My husband questioned the investigator about the complaint. The investigator admitted that the complaint was full of lies. So my husband refused to allow the investigator on our property. The investigator left and came back with four police officers. The police officers claimed that our property was barricaded and if he didn’t turn over our children to them, they would deploy an S.W.A.T. team and take the children. During the face to face conversations, my husband hands were shaking so much that he continued to turn the camera off. After some negotiation (the investigator said the complainant would be prosecuted if the children were found in good health) my husband allowed the search. The only part of the complaint that was true was that I was pregnant. The complainant has never been prosecuted and we were able to get a copy of everything except the identity of the complainant.

We live in Florida and we want this person prosecuted. We don’t know why someone would make these claims or why DCF would protect such a person. We cannot afford a lawyer. This was very disturbing and all we want it justice.

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Have you filed a complaint with the Florida Department of Children and Families regarding this incidence?

#3 Tax_Counsel

Tax_Counsel

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,528 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

We live in Florida and we want this person prosecuted. We don’t know why someone would make these claims or why DCF would protect such a person. We cannot afford a lawyer. This was very disturbing and all we want it justice.

If you want the person prosecuted, you make a complaint to the police and/or prosecutor. Don’t hold your breath that the state will prosecute though. It’s usually hard to prove that the person intentionally lied when making the complaint. The police and prosecutor can find out who made the complaint if they want to prosecute, though. You can’t. Florida statute protects the names of persons reporting suspected child abuse. Specifically, Florida statute section 39.202(5) states: “The name of any person reporting child abuse, abandonment, or neglect may not be released to any person other than employees of the department responsible for child protective services, the central abuse hotline, law enforcement, the child protection team, or the appropriate state attorney, without the written consent of the person reporting.” That is why DCF won’t tell you who made the complaint — by law DCF is prohibited from disclosing that to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users