Jump to content


Child Support/ Social Security Disability

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 worriedmom_7741


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

I have 2 children with my ex and only the youngest is under 18. He owes arrearage which he pays 100.00 a month till 9/2014 which it will be paid off. He also is to pay 1/2 Florida Prepaid College fund till 9/2014. He was daignosed with a malignant brain tumor last year and now is on social security disaiblity as of 9/2012. He has not made any payments since June of 2012 and is telling me that the youngest social security benifits check she will recieve will be his payment. Is that correct? The social security office did not inform me of that and they told me I had to keep records of the money since it is the childs.

#2 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,688 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Benefits that the child receives from social security do not substitute for the support arrearages unless the family court has issued an order to that effect.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

To learn more about child support, you may wish to visit the Family Law Center and read Child Support as a good resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users