Jump to content


deceased payee

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rosemay17


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

my ex husband is recently deceased. court ordered child support arrears is currently being

withheld from my pay check. My children have aged out ...being 20 and 22.

My question is how to properly notify the court of his death. (Texas)

i have sent emails and a registered letter.

Thank you.

#2 Ted_from_Texas


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,232 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Your child support arrears are owed until they are paid. If the payee is deceased, the arrears are owed to his estate. Consult local counsel.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

I agree with the previous poster, you may want to discuss this matter with a local Texas Child Support Lawyer to advise you on this matter. I also suggest you visit the Family Law Center and read Child Support as a good resource to learn more about this subject matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users