Auto Accident

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tdawg33

Tdawg33

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

I was in a car accident on the 21st of April of this year and a car that was stolen hit me from behind and the person had keys to the car . I had a lawyer after it first happened but, after that they said that they couldn't do anything for me . I need some help please I have a bad back from this accident. The guy that hit me told the judge that he bought the car off of facebook for $200.00 dollars how does that sound . Everyone knows that you can't be that stupid to post a stolen car on facebook . My little Kipa Sportage flipped over five times on I-95 I need some help getting comphensated for my pain ans suffering .

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

What would you like done about this matter? Have you filed a claim against the driver for your damages?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,382 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

a car that was stolen hit me from behind and the person had keys to the car .

"The person"? You mean the person driving the car that hit your car?

I had a lawyer after it first happened but, after that they said that they couldn't do anything for me .

Who are "they"? The lawyer and who else? Did "they" explain why "they couldn't do anything for" you?

I need some help please I have a bad back from this accident.

Ok. What sort of help do you expect that folks on an Internet message board can provide?

The guy that hit me told the judge that he bought the car off of facebook for $200.00 dollars how does that sound . Everyone knows that you can't be that stupid to post a stolen car on facebook .

Not sure what point you're trying to make here. What judge are you talking about? Was the driver prosecuted for stealing the car? If so, are you talking about the judge who presided over that case? What does it matter what the guy told the judge?

I need some help getting comphensated for my pain ans suffering .

I would think you'd be more concerned with getting compensated for your medical bills. In any event, you're free to sue the driver of the car that hit you. However, if he was prosecuted for stealing the car, he probably is incarcerated and in no position to pay any judgment you might obtain against him. It's probably also unlikely that he was carrying liability insurance, but you never know.

#4 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

I need some help getting comphensated for my pain ans suffering .

If you have Uninsured and/or Underinsured Motorists Coverage you look to your own policy for compensation.

Read the coverage part and the light will come on.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users