Missing Child Support Order

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bella_1979

Bella_1979

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Has anyone heard of a court losing a child support order? Mine isn't in my file, which has been archived. I was told since it's not there, it doesn't exist........but I have pay histories from the court?

#2 Lawyer7063

Lawyer7063

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Has anyone heard of a court losing a child support order? Mine isn't in my file, which has been archived. I was told since it's not there, it doesn't exist........but I have pay histories from the court?

I was in a juvenile case in Peoria, IL, where a Juvenile Court order relating to the Court's finding that no abuse had taken place was missing and the Court had to take my client's copy and make it the Court's and return a xerox to my client; it happens

It seems that a record needs to be made. Was there a withholding sent to an Employer? A copy may be available from the Employer and a Motion to Conform the Record would be possible. There is a risk though, if it has been a year or more since you were in Court to set the support, you may be at risk of a Motion to Modify Support as the payee may think you are making more money now.

As I am often in Court call my assistant ******* to set up a private telephone consultation. At the consultation we can discuss the confidential details we need to craft a strategic plan. These details should not be broadcast over the Internet.

Edited by FindLaw_AHK, 26 December 2012 - 10:14 AM.
This post has been edited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,094 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

I was told since it's not there, it doesn't exist.

Told by whom?

Documents do occasionally disappear from court files. If one of the parties has a copy, a copy can be placed in the court file.

but I have pay histories from the court?

I don't know what this means, but it isn't a question despite your use of a question mark. If it was intended to be a question, you should clarify what your question is.

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

What would you like done about this matter?

#5 Bella_1979

Bella_1979

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

I was informed by the Clerk of the Court that the orders were not in my file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users