I payed for it

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 west78

west78

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Well was going throw a div and they tryed taking everything well when I left I had one car that old and raged so I got a newer one a friend said I put it in there name and knew them real well well I meet someone and they got mad about and took my car and can prove I payed for it and have signed letter saying they would give it back and now the will not

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

Not sure what your legal issue is concerning. Could you please clarify?

#3 adjusterjack

adjusterjack

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Well was going throw a div and they tryed taking everything well when I left I had one car that old and raged so I got a newer one a friend said I put it in there name and knew them real well well I meet someone and they got mad about and took my car and can prove I payed for it and have signed letter saying they would give it back and now the will not

Translation:

I was going through a divorce and my spouse tried to take everything, I bought a newer car and had my friend title it in his name to keep my ex from getting it.

I had a falling out with my friend and he took the car and won't give it back.

I have proof that I paid for it and a letter from my friend saying he would give it back.

What do I have to do to get my car back?

Answer: He is the legal owner of the car. You will have to sue him and prove the arrangement. Unfortunately, not only will you be admitting that you violated the motor vehicle title laws of your state (which could be a criminal offense), but you will also be exposing yourself to penalties in divorce court if your ex finds out.

Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users