Can i do anything about threats from a landlord for bad water

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kilroy776

kilroy776

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

we have had our water tested by the ministry and it came up with four times the level in coliform and we have been told not to even do our dishes in the water without a bleach and water rinse.
We have been buying bottled water for the last 6 months, our one daughter has been sick for the past while, upset bellies, puking, diarrhea is there anything legally we can do, to get back some of the costs of water rent, doctors appts. etc etc, can we sue for any of the costs incurred ?

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

What state is this matter concerning?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#3 kilroy776

kilroy776

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

its actually ontario canada....any advice would be helpfull ...we are lost for what to do at the moment and can not afford to move at the moment and change our kids school too

#4 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

You may want to contact the Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing as a good resource to address this matter.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#5 kilroy776

kilroy776

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

yes we already have the ministry involved....now our issue is that we have been buying our own water to drink for over 6 months now and i have lost many hours of work dealing with my daughters stomache issues...doctors,ultrasound appointments,ect..
Do we have grounds to do anything legally about this...i am already aware that i can not withhold rent is there any other avenue we can take????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users