past due medical from ex on child

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tjones40

tjones40

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

I recently went to court to get medical expenses reimbursed from my ex. The judge ordered in my favor but wanted to look over my paid bills to make sure the amount i was asking for was correct. that was nov. 28th. i still am waiting for his answer. how long does the judge have to make his decision?

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

Have you contacted the court clerk regarding this matter?
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,397 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

I would hope it goes without saying that, if there is any deadline for a judge to make a decision on a submitted matter, what the deadline is depends on the laws of the state where the case is filed, which you didn't identify in your post.

#4 pologirl

pologirl

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Did you go to small claims court or divorce court? I have the same issue. Xhusband wont pay his half of the medical bills for both of our children, and they have gone to collections in my name, because I have all the insurance for the kids. I had to already pay one of his bill what went to collections in his name..and two more are on their way in collections...

#5 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,397 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Did you go to small claims court or divorce court? I have the same issue. Xhusband wont pay his half of the medical bills for both of our children, and they have gone to collections in my name, because I have all the insurance for the kids. I had to already pay one of his bill what went to collections in his name..and two more are on their way in collections...

Putting aside the fact that posting in a microscopic font size is not terribly conducive to getting responses, as I said in my prior response, all of this stuff is governed by state law. Unless you identify your state, there is very little we can tell you. That said, these things are almost always propertly handled through the divorce/family court, and bringing a separate, civil action is improper.

#6 pologirl

pologirl

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

I am in the state of california , thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users