Jump to content


being verbally and mentally abused and harassed

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kanthelstone


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

My uncle that live with me and my grandma is verbally threatnig us, and now me and my grandma nerves are very bad. He also is very disrespectful, he curses grandma, slams everything inthe house that can be slammed( cabinets, drawers doors ect.), i have called the police on him once and I'm not sure what else to do, what can we do to get him to stop.

#2 Fallen


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,138 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Wrong board, but never mind.

It sounds like your grandmother needs to treat him like a tenant and look into landlord-tenant requirements in your unnamed state for the length of written notice of termination of tenancy she needs to give him, then issue that notice, and file an eviction action if he refuses to leave. She may need to talk with a real estate attorney about this if she can't locate the relevant info online or at the court that handles landlord-tenant matters locally. (She may be able to get guidance through local or state government elder abuse agencies.)

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Is your uncle a tenant, guest, or owner of the home?

#4 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,705 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Being an a-hole isn't illegal. Depending on who owns the home where you live, you can either move out or evict him (did you really not know that?).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users