• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Marquee

Marquee

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hello,

My friend signed a six month lease with the landlord's property management company in California on Aug.15th, The owner had purchased the property with other properties under the same loan. She hasn't been making payments, and is turning the property over to the bank. The bank takes it on Jan. 13th.

The property management company gave them a 30 day notice, even though they have a lease with them that is good until February 15th. The property management company has their security deposit. Do they have to move out at the end of the 30 days, or does the property management company have to respect the lease? What options do they have?

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,392 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

The property management company gave them a 30 day notice, even though they have a lease with them that is good until February 15th.

Who are "they" and "them"? It appears that the first "them" in this question is different than the second "them." It also appears that you are misusing plural pronouns where you should be using singular pronouns (i.e., "he," "she," and "it"), but maybe not (it may be that your friend has a roommate whom you didn't mention and that's why you're using plural pronouns).

Do they have to move out at the end of the 30 days, or does the property management company have to respect the lease?

No.

What options do they have?

Before I address this rather open-ended question, let me as you a question. When your friend receieved the 30-day notice and called the property management company to inquire about the reason(s) why the notice was given and reminded the property management company that he or she has a lease that runs through February 15, 2013, what response did your friend receive?

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

To learn more about this subject matter, you may wish to visit the Real Estate Law Center and read Landlord-Tenant Law as a good resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users