Jump to content


Re entry

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 usbutterfly


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

I went to the U.S. in 1998 on a visa which I extended.
In June 2004 I got married and applied for Greencard which was granted in Feb. 2009.
My Greencard is still valid until Feb. 2019.
In Feb.2011 my divorce was final,no kids.
I had to get away from my violent husband and decided in Oct.2011 to go to my birthplace Germany.
Didn´t intent to stay until NOW. Just had hand surgery and paid my taxes last year.
I had to work here too since my savings didn´t last.
Don´t have proof of a home or relatives in the States and now I am confronted with probable causes of being returned trying to re enter the U.S . I was told I could fill out DS 117 but reading the application makes me think I cannot prove under reasonable doubt that I did not abandon the country. Should I just try to re enter on my recent greencard and wish for the best?
What is the worst that can happen at the airport??
Please help...

#2 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

The worst that may happen is that you may be denied entry. I suggest you consult with an Immigration Lawyer for clarification on your specific status and how to proceed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users